Sunday, December 19, 2004

Little Kid Games

"There is a kid inside all of us."

When I was a child I used to pretend that I had about six very close friends. We were rogue agents, or the X-men, or vampires battling the werewolves. Anyway, what is important about this portion of my story, is that I have never let those imaginary friends go. Not to say I still run around talking to myself and shooting the villainous fiends who dare threaten my pals, but I do think fondly back on them from time to time.

Within these six I am Alex, the tom-boy girl who is the tragic heroine. There is her love interest, Ryan, but there is another man who loves her, Daniel. Daniel is her best-friend, and at some point Ryan always seemed to end up dead, at least from Alex's perspective. With the absence of Ryan evident, eventually she would fall for Daniel. When Ryan would reappear from his non-dead but absent state, he would discover Alex and Daniel together. Even though they had previously been friends, Ryan and Daniel would become enemies, combating for Alex's affection. Alex would then fall into despair, eventually choosing neither. Soon after that I would grow tired of my game and start over, this time in a different setting and being able to speak to chimps or something.

I have found myself in my games tonight. So I remain alone because I cannot choose. So stupid, I really need to grow up.

Love is beautiful. Love is safe. Love is all that you can want.

The floor of the kitchen reminds me that a friend will do anything for you, even stop you from hurting yourself. "Why the floor of the kitchen?" you ask? Well, because that is where one of my friends pinned me when I threatened to hurt myself.

There is nothing that comes close to the gift of loyalty. But there is never true loyalty without total honesty.

I am Alex. I will fight to my death for my friends, but I will not separate them, they are a part of me now. I need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home