Friday, February 25, 2005

My Critics

I figured it was about time that I let everyone know what I went to the others for. In addition, this is just my attempt at an honest interpretation of how you stand in my book as someone I request opinions from.

Dominic- Will let me know if I look really bad in clothing. Is honest about his feelings toward my actions, but has more discretion when discussing his own. Too young to know many of the hard lessons I have learned, but way too mature for someone his age.

Alex- Relationship advice. Generally bad at giving other advice because we seem to have led completely different lives despite growing up in the same house.

Kellen- Will proofread anything I hand him and is always willing to tutor. Has gotten me through many subjects and helped me with many issues where I need an outside opinion, but his pessimism also leads to an obvious bias, which I tend to take into account.

Ian- Great at support, not so good at handling things that involve my well being. Emotions tend to override his logic during arguments about me taking care of myself, which only proves that he cares. I go to him for mostly everything because we generally agree, and when we don't, there's generally a good reason, because one of us ends up being very wrong.

Jacob- Great at clothing, food, and relationships. Always willing to help me when I talk about my illnesses or other such without judgment.

Matthew- We have been very close in the past, which leads us to a sort of odd relationship, where we are both looking for something that no longer exists and yet keeping up appearances. He is pretty good about having motivational quotes handy, unless pressured, in which case he draws a blank. The problem with this relationship is that often I find myself holding back even more than usual, waiting for the catch. In other words, he will find something and shoot me down over it. Not to worry, I used to do it with my Mom and I now do it with my Dad all time. It's easy, just watch what you say.

Justin: There when no one else is, comes through middle of the night on the internet, answering questions I have not even asked. Really a saving grace.

Jolene: A rare one, but important. One of the few girls to make the list.

C: A new one to the list, has changed my life in ways I never thought possible and inspired many of my recent writing.

Speaking of which, as a writer, it is important to note each piece of inspiration as it comes along. Each tiny piece of love or pain I receive is in turn stored away and fed to a character for the story. It is all for the story.

I suppose that is what I really want. Every writer has at least one good story that they were made to tell, the secret is finding out what that story is. I am starting to find mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

Wow. I'm flattered. That's an interesting spread you have there. It seems perhaps you have more people there for you than you thought? We all have our flaws, some of them are bigger and more obvious that others, but none of us are perfect. You must accept your friends completely if you want their true trust and friendship.

It seems to easy to say, hmm? To trust them and accept them completely... I should practice what I preach, or at least market it ;) You sound a little more optimistic today. I'm glad to hear it. I'm always here if you need me.

-Crystal

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home