Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Dialogue With Satan

I saw him, the most powerful of the demons, and he promised me everything. I was not sure whether or not to accept his gracious offer so I, well, I will just tell you what was said.

Natalie, come here.
Who are you?
A friend.
But I have never seen you before.
That is irrelevant. I know you. If I did not, would I see you longing for him? Crying for him in the night? Do you want him to be yours? Only yours?
Who are you? I have no idea what you are talking about.
Take my hand, trust me.
I will not.
You must.
Never.
Do you want the truth? I command you to TAKE MY HAND!
Fine! Where are we going?
I will show you. Relax.
What is this place?
Home, to you. I built this palace for your soul. You could have it all. The man you love, for all of eternity. Your mother, she could be here too. Your steed, to carry you wherever you demand.
What must I do?
Accept, take what you want. No charge.
Then what is the catch?
No catch.
Um. . .
You seem skeptical, Do you really think I would trick you?
I do not know. . . I would have to think about it.
There is no time for such foolishness. Do you want to be happy?
Fine, I accept.
Good, then you will not mind doing me a small favor.
You said that there was no catch!
That was the catch! That I did not include one originally!
You lied!
Perhaps, but now you will do as I say, or you will receive nothing.
What must I do?
Destroy those that would dare to come between you and my will. Personify evil. Embody me for these few years here, and I will give you everything.

I gave myself away tonight. My soul raped by evil. I am empty, and I will never again believe in love, that it is worth anything but pain. I tried to give everything, but hesitance rather than courage has cost me everything.


2 Comments:

Blogger TheCity'sBoss said...

That was a great dialogue, keep it up.

10:44 PM  
Blogger dfg said...

you have destroyed nothing
you are not evil
you are the only person that i have ever loved
you are the only person that i will ever love

i wish that you understood
i wish that you could see what i see

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home