Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Beginning

To every tale, there is a beginning. For some, authors begin the story too early, so that by the time the reader reaches the climax, they are bored and the impact is lost. In others, there is not enough build up, it lacks important information and, again, the point is lost. Some authors actually begin their legend with something other than the beginning, a portion of the plot from later on, and then they come back to the beginning, only seducing the reader like an unavoidable mistress.

My saga actually begins with the end. My final act came last Sunday, because of rain, and the loss of the greatest love I will ever know. The airport took everything I had left to believe in. I have tried many times before to start the story of my life, but the result of all that came to pass was nothing. I am now nothing, and that is how it began, as nothing. What once was has now been returned, and to close the book means that just as death became life, life must once again become death. I have come nearly full circle and now prepare myself for the last arc. There is no truth; there is no answer for me in this struggle. The rain surges down and I am left erect, standing tall and proud amidst the destruction.

Cue the curtain for my final bow; I am ready for the end, my beginning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nat Rivera said...

Do you not see? I have already been left? My purpose is only to serve, and now, that is coming to an end. Nothing matters when you are already dead.

10:33 PM  
Blogger dfg said...

i wish that you could see what i see
i wish that you understood what i understand
i wish that you could feel what i feel every time i see your face or hear your voice
i wish that you knew what i know

8:47 AM  
Blogger Nat Rivera said...

What is it that you know? Enlighten me! Give me the grace by which to see. I am blind, give me your site, if only for a moment! I beg of you, reach for me, I am falling!

4:56 PM  
Blogger dfg said...

I will tell you. When you have the time to talk, i will tell you what i see.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home