Sunday, December 26, 2004

A Frozen Moment in Time

Sitting in my room tonight,
I allowed the silence to surround me,
closing in its infinite darkness.

There is water, dripping off the very edge of a frozen water fall.
I look
The Water
Gathers
A Ball Now
Falls
Seeming Forever
Crashing into its frozen counterpart.

Before it can recover
A friend has decended on it
The first is crushed by the latter
They try to fight
Miniscus gathering
But the temperature catches them
They are cold
It reaches their interior
Ruins the form
And
Crystalizes their souls.
Soon
They become one mass
They wreck those that fall into them
Making them one in the same.
But
All
is
beautiful
in the eyes of an outsider
The passing hiker cannot see their struggle
A simple kodak moment
Snapping a picture of struggle
I step forward and wipe a tear from my eye
Then
I add it to the rest
And
Become part of the fight.
My warm salty tear melts the ice
The water will win
this battle
with help
the sun burns deep into
the ice
even the hardest of evil
is weak to kindness
to giving of one's own
a part of another to save the weak.
Not all is lost with sincerity.
I know that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home