Thursday, December 23, 2004

Crazy

I have been a lot of things in my day, but never called crazy, at least to my face, until today. I have heard all the clinical terms from depressed to chemically unbalanced but never crazy, and I would have never imagined being shot down through my medical problems.

I pride myself of being mostly honest. I do not like lying, and I despise those that consider themselves "good" at it. The best lie is no lie, and when one can master that they can master anything. Anyway, I do not like being told I am wrong when I am being honest.

One of my friends told the truth today. He told the truth because I told him to. After he had spoken the truth about how he was feeling his family erupted into tears and yelling. I had not been that afraid of honesty in a long time.

Tonight, I cannot see my friend because he is with his family, but one of the things that got me the most about today was the fact that I became the enemy of his sister and his mother.

Some of the things I heard today when he stepped out of earshot:
"I don't think you should hang out with each other anymore, now that both of the family's know."
"What would you know? You are just as bad!"
"Well, you are both kind of crazy, so I don't think it's safe for you two to hang out."
"Well, YOU are SUICIDAL so why would you know what to do?"

It stung, bad. I know I am crazy and I have been fighting it for a long time. I just did not want to hear it when all I was trying to do was help.

However, the important part is, I think I did. He'll be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home