Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dumb little "Poem," ah, the "art" of freeverse

There is a crazy philosophy, spraying through
my mind
like water from a broken hydrant
and I cannot help but think that maybe I have
made
a mistake
in writing at all
but I think back to a day
when a friend told me never to stop
and so I dish out this crap
this free
f
o
r
m
poem
that says nothing
but how I know nothing of art
of how I cannot write
of how ignorant in writing I truly am

How silly I be
randoml!y th.rowing;
in pun(c)tuation
just to make my
.

Then I am horrified to find the words of
a bathroom stall
coming through
this disorder
of my mind
making some sort of order
of my mess and
clarity
comes through

I see the words
and they describe it all
PLEASE FLUSH


Like the shit I shovel through
if others just had the courtesy
to flush their own mess
then I could carry on my own life
and not have to clean up the rest.

I flush my own, in this dumb jot I have
and I post it
putting it up
and risking your critique,
but I have to say
THANX
for just being you
and letting me
still be
N-a-t-a-l-i-E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home