Sunday, July 31, 2005

I have really big feet

I have really big feet.
Some might even call them
HUGE.

But that is kind of beside the point. For 18 years I have stared down at my feet, wondered about them, thinking them out of place besides everyone else's normal sized feet, but I think I am starting to like my feet. Both of them.


My Right likes to take the lead, but it would be dead in the water without My Left. When running, sometimes all I think about is how lucky I am to have been born with two working feet.

There is a little patch of hair on my big toe that I have to Nair away, (gross I know), but besides that, my toes are not nearly as ugly as I once pictured them to be.

I love my feet. I love them when they are smelly, when they are tired, when they are blistered. I love them when they get a massage, when my nails are long, and especially when I take time to cut and care for my toenails.

I love my big feet.

They are so big in fact, that I must buy men's running shoes! I love my feet for being fearless, for wearing men's clothing without discretion. I love the arch and the way they withstand going around naked any time they can.

I love putting lotion on them, I love letting them dangle into a pool of cool water. I love running across grass or snow in bare feet. I love letting them experience extreme weather. What other part of our body would we intentionally place on hot beach sand for hours at a time?

I love my awkwardly out of proportion feet, and there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home